ComTec is always searching for talented team players who want to be part of a great company.
How to apply:
Submit your resume to
2658 NW Boulevard
Vineland, NJ 08360
Security Alarm Engineer
|| Field Support
||Security Alarm Engineer
Under the direction of the Operations Manager, this position will provide technical engineering consultation in the design, development, and implementation of ComTec CCTV, access controls and alarm systems in businesses in the tri-state area.
- Manage all aspects of a security infrastructure
- Install, program, integrate and service access control and CCTV systems in a network environment
- Create hardware testing schedules
- Draw schematics for CCTV & access control systems
- Able to recommend system alterations and enhancements
- Integration and configuration of VoIP applications on security systems
- Able to manage and install IDF’s & MDF’s and must be familiar with wiring and NEC codes
- Troubleshooting, assembling, disassembling, repairing and monitoring system hardware and electronic devices
- Must be able to complete physical tasks such as operating an articulated lift and running wires for installations
- Able to produce quality work and complete tasks within specified time frames
- Research and recommend advancements within the technical field
- Coach and mentor other technicians
- Must be flexible to working weekends, holidays and evenings as necessary.
- Able to take on other tasks as needed
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Good verbal/written communication skills, should be capable of relating technical information to different types of individuals
- Self-motivated and ability to multi-task
- Able to set priorities and meet individual deadlines while accomplishing team objectives
- Able to resolve customer issues appropriately and in a timely manner
- Able to develop and maintain effective, positive internal/external working relationships
- Ability to work closely with management and team members to resolve problems and issues
Knowledge and Skill Requirement:
- NJ/PA Burglar Alarm License Required
- NICET Advanced alarm certifications/license
- Bachelor's degree in electrical engineering or computer-related disciplines
- Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience
- Honeywell, Panasonic certification in CCTV, access control, monitoring system desired
- Must have broad knowledge of LAN/WAN systems
- Must have valid driver’s license
Field position will regularly require you to stand, walk, reach, climb, fit into confined spaces and operate a vehicle safely. Occasionally required to sit, handle tools or controls, balance, kneel, crouch or crawl and lift up to 50 pounds.
ComTec Systems is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, marital status, veteran status, or any other occupationally irrelevant criteria. All employees are afforded equal opportunity with respect to employment, compensation, benefits, training, transfer, and promotion without discrimination.